Monday, August 8, 2011

Gertrude Street Projection Festival


This little snippet was sent to me the day I started this blog by a friend back home in Melbourne, Australia who knew I was doing research on carousels but had not yet been told of my blog endeavor (thanks Sam for sharing!). It is documentation of a carousel projected onto a building that was part of The Gertrude Street Projection Festival which has been running annually for a few years with a different theme every year. This years theme was Hidden: Places And Spaces.  The artist who created the work is Olaf Meyer, a Melbourne based interactive multimedia installation artist.  You can see more of the projections from this years festival  here, which also features the carousel at the beginning.

misspenpen.blogspot.com

One of the many strange things in life that I love is when you are obsessed with something and then all of a sudden you see that thing everywhere! For example, when you are shopping for a new car. You find a model that you love and before you know it, it seems every single car driving by you is that exact same model and colour! This is happening with the carousel for me and now it's happening for my friends too! I've been sent links, photos, books to read and memories by my friends regarding the carousel. I love how almost everyone has some carousel story to share. Feel free to email me, or simply post below in the comments box if you want to bring my attention to your carousel encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment